These five books are on our must-read list for anyone who is interested in learning more about dog training:
- The Culture Clash, by Jean Donaldson
This clear, easy-to-read guide explains how dogs think and learn (and how they don’t!) in everyday language. Donaldson also points out many of the myths surrounding dogs and dog training still prevalent in U.S. culture.
- Successful Dog Adoption, by Sue Sternberg
- Click for Joy , by Melissa Alexander
- Shaping Success, by Susan Garrett
- The Other End of the Leash, by Patricia McConnell
Bonus for trainers interested in pursuing behavior consultation: Just Listen by Mark Goulston.